A private, non-profit organization, the Ad Council partners with other national non-profit organizations as well as federal government agencies to motivate measurable change around significant public issues.Together, we work with volunteer talent from leading advertising, media, social and digital communications agencies across the country to create campaigns that inspire change and improve lives throughout the U.S.
The Ad Council creates sophisticated and comprehensive, integrated communication plans for each campaign that can include media outreach, consumer research, public relations, and numerous strategic partnership opportunities across all mediums.
Marketing Performance Analyst
The expanding role of analytics at the Ad Council reflects a paradigm shift in the way organizations are vigilantly leveraging data to inform decisions and strategy. Our goal is to measure the results and analyze the effectiveness of marketing efforts from individual tactics (e.g., email communications, newsletters, events) on overall campaign performance. These findings will allow us to highlight actionable insights and enable teams to make data-driven decisions about their next steps.
As Marketing Performance Analyst, you will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales- and marketing-related data in an ongoing effort to increase overall sales results. “Sales” for the Ad Council refers to the amount of donated media garnered for our campaigns, meaning support is at the discretion of media companies, large and small and across all platforms. Campaign effectiveness hinges on the Ad Council’s ability to implement successful B2B marketing programs. In this role, you will need to develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s current marketing and sales strategies and tactics in order to dive in and interpret the data effectively. You will then need to develop a definitive point of view and outline actions to achieve established goals.
The ideal candidate has experience in B2B marketing, works well cross functionally and has a track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth oriented company. You need to be highly analytical, detail-oriented and comfortable responding to and structuring ambiguous requests. Candidates must have experience in quantitative analysis of large data sets using tools (e.g., SQL, R, SPSS, Excel); statistical analysis (e.g., segmentation, regression); and proficiency with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau. Candidates also need to understand how to get consensus on recommendations and communicate to and influence stakeholders.
This position reports to the head of Analytics and will provide direct support to the functional area of Marketing & Branding.
• Leverage Ad Council’s unique data to create innovative, custom analyses and tools to address business challenges
• Extract, organize and synthesize data analysis from multiple systems and sources to uncover leanings and trends that provide value to organization and brand
• Monitor and maintain data quality, accuracy and integrity of marketing and analytics databases.
• Use story-telling skills to translate and deliver insights that are clear, concise and actionable
• Present the findings either in Tableau, Excel or PowerPoint
• Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact
• Provide analytics and strategic support on customer acquisition, retention, loyalty, and churn initiatives
• Support planning process with key metric reporting to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
• Help Sales Team maintain best practice with Salesforce
• Stay current on best practice and marketing analytics methodologies and trends
• Research and evaluate current macro- and micro-economic conditions in the media and advertising industry that may impact support of the organization’s campaigns
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of experience in related marketing or business analytics experience
• Experience in advertising and marketing data and analysis
• Experience working on analytical studies from: crafting the methodology, mining/analyzing data, and ultimately delivering final insightful recommendations
• CRM knowledge and expertise for sales and marketing business process, data availability and analytic opportunities
• Experience with SQL, R and/or Python
• Proficiency in Tableau strongly desired
• Exceptional with Excel and manual data analysis
• Experience developing and working with Marketing Attribution
• Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 984-1905
or US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 8th Floor
New York, NY 10017