A private, non-profit organization, the Ad Council partners with other national non-profit organizations as well as federal government agencies to motivate measurable change around significant public issues.Together, we work with volunteer talent from leading advertising, media, social and digital communications agencies across the country to create campaigns that inspire change and improve lives throughout the U.S.
The Ad Council creates sophisticated and comprehensive, integrated communication plans for each campaign that can include media outreach, consumer research, public relations, and numerous strategic partnership opportunities across all mediums.
Reporting to the VP of Events, the Manager of Events is responsible for assisting with the execution of both external and internal events for the Ad Council. These activations include two highly visible fundraising events in New York City (The Public Service Award Dinner) and the other in San Francisco (West Coast Connect). The position also supports the planning and execution of industry events, conferences, salon dinners, staff events and any additional opportunities that brand the Ad Council with a goal of engaging Ad Council constituents.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the VP of Events on the oversight of all events, including revenue generation for the Ad Council’s Annual Public Service Award Dinner and West Coast Connect, the organization’s only fundraisers.
- Develop, lead and maintain an aggressive fundraising strategy for events that will benefit the Ad Council.
- Ensure all events reflect the Ad Council’s brand, values, and culture. Events range in size and scope for each audience.
- Work with Ad Council Staff to generate ideas, identify new prospects and strategies to meet event goals.
- Develop event plans, goals, and all-inclusive task lists.
- Develop event budgets and oversee and maintain budget accuracy from initial cost estimates through final settlement
- Compile and maintain comprehensive mailing lists of corporations using the Ad Council’s Salesforce database and work with other departments to ensure that contacts are updated.
- Prepare and submit department and vendor invoices; retrieve payments from accounts payable and send out to all vendors and reconcile monthly income and expenses.
- Respond to, track, and assess the viability of event inquiries and potential for opportunities
- Manage staff volunteer committees providing guidance, advice, and support.
- Manage outside vendors and consultants who provide additional event related services.
- Work closely with communications team to manage press coverage and promotion of internal and external events.
- Work closely with the Development team on specific event activations as well as Ad Council internal events.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years fundraising and event management experience for high profile events
- Understands long-term branding potential of events
- Fiscally responsible with success overseeing large budgets and costs in detail
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong Executive presence, experience working directly with C-Level Executives a must
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Team player who works well with others across departments
- Ability to bring new thinking and ideas to the Ad Council
- Extremely polished and professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 984-1905
or US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 8th Floor
New York, NY 10017