Position: Campaign Management Internship
Location: Washington DC - 20036
Start Date: May 29, 2018
End Date: August 3, 2018
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP
The Campaign Development team oversees all aspects in developing fully integrated public service ad (PSA) campaigns. Key areas of responsibility include working with ad agency partners, non-profits and government agencies, from the strategic planning phase through TV and digital production, campaign launch, distribution, and program evaluation.
To learn about the campaign development and evaluation process, interns are fulling integrated into the Campaign Development team and are encouraged to attend both internal and external meetings, as well as offsite activities like film shoots and focus groups when possible.
- Assist in managing day-to-day campaign operations for fully-integrated, national public service advertising campaigns, including Child Passenger Safety, Seat Belt Safety, and Texting and Driving Prevention. Assist in additional campaign needs as opportunities arise from other campaign development teams
- Assist with campaign development cycle activities, which could include qualitative research, creative development, production, distribution, media outreach, and public relations efforts
- Attend routine campaign meetings and statuses, including client presentations, advertising agency presentations, and digital, social media, public relations and media agency planning sessions
- Assist with social media analyses and content creation
- Assist with donated media and digital metrics analyses and draft campaign reports
- Review the latest industry research and academic research on marketing trends, market research methodology, and social marketing
- Support the team in the development of cross-campaign benchmarks to help better contextualize campaign performance
- Complete summer intern project regarding the development of a new Ad Council campaign concerning a social issue of your choice
- Undergraduate-level student (graduating senior status preferred), ideally with a concentration in the social sciences, communications, marketing or advertising
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills
- Detail orientation is critical
- Strong foundation in social media
- Excellent PC skills (including PowerPoint and Excel)
- Collaborative team player and independent worker who takes initiative
- Strong interest in non-profit communications, marketing, and advertising
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is the largest producer of public service advertising and communications programs in the United States. Founded in 1942 as a private non-profit organization, the Ad Council marshals volunteer talent from the advertising industry to create awareness, motivate action, and drive social change. Ad Council campaigns such as Smokey Bear, Love Has No Labels, Seize the Awkward, and “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk,” have helped save lives and educate the public about crucial issues.
To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or by mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017.