The Assistant Campaign Manager is an integral part of the Ad Council’s team responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating communications campaigns for more than 40 social good issues each year.
Whether you’re working with top ad agencies to develop award-winning campaigns around our causes, helping to set the strategy for your campaigns’ social and digital programs, or partnering with one of our board member companies on their CSR initiative, your job as an Assistant Campaign Manager is to help support the campaign team and keep all the moving pieces running smoothly in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is a stellar project manager with strong oral and written communication skills, has an appetite to learn about the latest trends in advertising and marketing, and is passionate about social change.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist campaign team in the strategic and creative development, production and evaluation for 3-5 fully-integrated campaigns, including:
- Keep cross-functional team updated on campaign development and key milestones
- Coordinate administrative activities and communications around campaign development, including timelines, call reports, contact sheets, meeting preparation, etc.
- Manage development of media marketing and promotional materials for campaigns
- Facilitate workflow between clients, ad agencies and partners by coordinating campaign materials and securing all necessary approvals
- Maintain accurate up-to-date campaign budgets, financial records, vendor SOWs, MSAs and contract reporting
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to analyze and report on campaign performance, including donated and earned media, website and social media analytics
- Assist with the development of Multimedia News Releases, social press kits, review talking points and press materials.
- Support your campaigns’ social media and digital programs, including reviewing editorial calendars
- Support campaign team by fostering strong internal and external relationships
- Regularly draft and contribute Adlibbing articles on social trends
- Conduct competitive review, partner/influencer vetting, trend analyses and other relevant campaign/issue research as needed
- Maintain campaign assets, inventory and vendor information to ensure all elements are current, updated and available in our databases
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year applicable work experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Social media and digitally savvy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities; a team player who works well with others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk” and the recently viral campaign “Love Has No Labels.”
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 national campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention. We use all the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, apps and games, content for social media, engaging talent, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing and creating digital and live events to raise awareness around our causes. We also get to work with our incredible Board of Directors companies such as Facebook, Buzzfeed, Google/YouTube, Snap, Pandora and Upworthy/GOOD to ensure we’ve got the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social good impact.
Having produced thousands of campaigns addressing pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work, and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed: Fax (212) 922-1676 or US Mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017.